View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help getting Razer bluetooth mouse to with Ubuntu Netbook

July 27th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Hello everyone.

Just purchased a brand new Hp Mini 110 Netbook with Hardy and the MI interface installed on it, and a Razer ProClick Mobile Bluetooth mouse.

I'm having a hell of a time getting my system to recognize the bluetooth mouse...

-Tried scanning with bluez utility - nothing.
-Tried "sudo hcitool scan" to find the mac address - nothing.
-Tried "sudo hidd --search" to find the mac, and it says "Searching" but never finds anything...

With each of these I am pressing the connect button just prior, and my system does not seem to "see" the mouse.

This is a fairly popular bluetooth mouse, so I am hoping someone else out there has successfully connected it, but any information on connecting and troubleshooting bluetooth mice in ubuntu is much appreciated.

Thank you!

August 1st, 2009, 06:04 AM
Bumping in hopes of help

I have this beautiful brand new mouse and I can't use it :(

August 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
Hi sdchargers21.

Don't despair.

My search skills are pretty good, but this is one that I can't find.

Someone who has this particular combination may be able to help.

Keep smiling.:)

August 2nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
There may be a problem with the mouse itself... I had a Kensington Bluetooth Mouse crap out on me (even thought the onboard LEDs flashed and physically the mouse seemed to be "alive") and for the longest time I thought it was my Linux install until I was able to get a new BT mouse working with the same installation.

Have you tested the mouse with any other hardware?