PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Removing Ubuntu Sadly

KarmicKoalaa
July 24th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Guys, I'm not getting on with Ubuntu, and would like to remove it. I have searched before but they all involve using the Vista/XP install disc. Thing is, my laptop didn't come with one. I have looked for other ways but they aren't working. Please help me out guys. Thanks.

stlsaint
July 24th, 2009, 03:05 AM
well considering the fact that you are leaving us i fell sorry for you already...but ubuntu is all about freedom so....well im gonna point you in the right direction...look up DaRT for vista or xp!!! that will get you on your way.will see you soon tho! another way would be to do a fresh install over your ubuntu partition and then you will be straight! mbr will be set on vista or whatever you install!!

raymondh
July 24th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Or a Vista recovery disk to set your MBR for vista once again ... if you're using Vista.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Good luck and happy ubuntu-ing.

KarmicKoalaa
July 24th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks a lot raymond, that worked very well.

raymondh
July 25th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks a lot raymond, that worked very well.

You're welcome.

You know, you could still virtualize or wubi-install Ubuntu ;)

Nevertheless, Good luck and Happy Ubuntu-ing.

SunnyRabbiera
July 25th, 2009, 12:17 AM
If you were having issues why didnt you ask how to solve them?

KarmicKoalaa
July 27th, 2009, 09:09 PM
If you were having issues why didnt you ask how to solve them?

I wasn't having issues, I actually liked Ubuntu, but in GRUB I found myself constantly booting into Vista. I wanted some more harddrive space anyway. If I get a new laptop with a bigger HDD (only 80GB at the minute) I would consider reinstalling Ubuntu.

KarmicKoalaa
July 27th, 2009, 09:10 PM
You're welcome.

You know, you could still virtualize or wubi-install Ubuntu ;)

Nevertheless, Good luck and Happy Ubuntu-ing.

My processor doesn't support virtualizing and I don't fancy the idea of Ubuntu inside Windows.

EDIT; sorry guys double post.