PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Con't connect using Airport card on Macbook

encmacman
July 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
I just installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my macbook 13". I am trying to connect wirelesly to the network but nothing is coming up in the pull down menu. I tried manually setting it up in Network Connections but it will not see it. I booted to Mac OSX just to make sure that the computer was seeing the card and there is no problem with it in OSX 10.5.X. Is there something i need to download or am I doing soemthing wrong?

fbugnon
July 28th, 2009, 03:22 AM
You might need b43 drives to activate your wireless.

Since Ubuntu can do this automatically for you, the easiest way is to simple connect the wired interface (Ethernet) so that the drive can be downloaded and installed.

If Ubuntu doesn't propose this automatically, you can force it going to System > Administration > Hardware Drives.

WillJeffery
July 28th, 2009, 06:34 AM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MactelSupportTeam/CommunityHelpPages

You should find all the info you need there (and more).

BlackRaven
November 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.
That worked for me, I had the same problem with my MacBook.

rlinsurf
January 19th, 2010, 07:51 AM
And my Airport card in my MacPro3,1 isn't being recognized, and there's no start page in the help section for a Mac Pro.

Also, my Mac Pro has no other way to connect than the Airport, as it has no physical connection to the router.

So I guess I need some help?

linuxopjemac
January 19th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I would start first with a wired connection to the router, update everything, and then go to Administration -> Hardware, to see if you can install proprietary drivers.