PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Facebook add on for pidgin

DarinB
July 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM
i am using a facebook add on for pidgin it is great but it keeps on putting comments on my facebook and my freinds that i am not available, is it the add on or is it pidgin or is it facebook?????
any ideas anybody?????

devildoc5
July 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM
I have never used this addon myself but it could possibly have to do with your pidgin settings.

If you go to Tools and click on Preferences and click on the tab marked Status/Idle ensure that the box labeled "change status when idle" is not marked.

Other than that I can't think of anything else as I stated I have not used this addon

DarinB
July 22nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
i did it i turned off the idle i will let you know if it works

devildoc5
July 22nd, 2009, 01:07 AM
Like I said....not sure if it will actually work, but I figured....ehhh... give it a shot.....

LookTJ
July 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM
What version is this addon?

DarinB
July 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
its from here http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-facebookchat/
no version listed

Kobalt
July 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'm using this add-on without any problem. What version of Pidgin do you have ?

DarinB
July 22nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Thank you devildoc5
this fixed it all
If you go to Tools and click on Preferences and click on the tab marked Status/Idle ensure that the box labeled "change status when idle" is not marked.

devildoc5
July 26th, 2009, 10:40 PM
ehhhhhh....we all get lucky every now and then.

Just glad it worked for you.

CaptainMark
July 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
This is an awesome plugin but it notifys me every few seconds that someone has come online on facebook, having lots of facebook contacts that i dont talk to everyday this get frustrating is there a way to stop notifications for friends signing on for just the facebook account not my msn accounts

LookTJ
July 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
CaptainMark,

you can turn that off

Accounts -> Facebook account -> Uncheck new mail notifications

:)

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the post well

do you have the guification plugin installed?

CaptainMark
July 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah i thought of that but oddly enough, no option for this here. Because facebook is not an email client. If i could do that though it would only stop me being notified when i get emails through facebook, i want to stop getting a popup in the corner whenever facebook contacts come online

LookTJ
July 26th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah i thought of that but oddly enough, no option for this here. Because facebook is not an email client. If i could do that though it would only stop me being notified when i get emails through facebook, i want to stop getting a popup in the corner whenever facebook contacts come online
check the options of the plugins you have installed(mainly it's guifications you are talking about)