PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HDA NVidia (CONEXANT Analog) does not work

marsty5
July 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hello, sorry if this is not the right place to post the thread. I'm kinda new at those stuff.

I used to have ubuntu 8.10 and I upgraded to 9.4. But now I have problems with the sound. When I try to play a song or a movie, I can't hear anything and the message below appears:

"The audio playback device HDA NVidia (CONEXANT Analog) does not work. Falling back to default."

Any help?

Btw, I've just noticed that the message above appears when I try to play something with the Dragon Player.

marsty5
July 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
ok I changed some settings in System->Preferences->Sound. Now I can listen to .wmv .mpg and .avi. I can also listen to .mp3, but sometimes it get stuck in the first seconds if I use the Movie Player. Otherwise, I use Rhythmbox Music Player and everything's ok.
:popcorn:

devildoc5
July 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
I myself had the same problem when I upgraded to 9.04. Glad yo ugot it figured out though. I prefer to use Movie player for movies and I use Songbird for any other kind of "audio" files. I never really liked the way Movie player would replay the audio stuff for some reason.

When you say it gets stuck are you referring to ALL files or just audio files that get stuck in Movie Player?

marsty5
July 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
It get stuck just with my .mp3 files!

devildoc5
July 21st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah I would just not allow the .mp3 files (or any audio files for that matter) to open up in Movie Player.

I myself prefer Songbird (http://getsongbird.com) but there are a number of decent or good audio players out there. I would just choose one of them and let Movie Player handle the movies and whatever you chose for audio to do the audio.