PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] SVN with GUI

Dr.iCe
July 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
so well i am fairly new with Ubuntu (UberN00b with other words xD)
but i need an SVN application and i would preffer it to have an GUI so could someone please point me in the right direction to an HOWTO .
i tried to install RapidSVN but the whole progress just went right trough me :P

zerhacke
July 20th, 2009, 09:30 PM
sudo apt-get install rapidsvn

t0p
July 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM
sudo apt-get install rapidsvn

A bit of advice for the OP: when you want a new bit of software, it's a good idea to search the repos for it before you start downloading packages from websites, trying to compile source, etc etc.

The easiest way to search the repos is to use the Search function in Synaptic - System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.

Installing software through Synaptic, or by using the apt-get program like zerhacke suggested above, is a whole lot easier than downloading the package from somewhere then fooling around with source code n stuff. Software repositories is the Ubuntu Way!! Dig it!!

Dr.iCe
July 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
A bit of advice for the OP: when you want a new bit of software, it's a good idea to search the repos for it before you start downloading packages from websites, trying to compile source, etc etc.

The easiest way to search the repos is to use the Search function in Synaptic - System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.

Installing software through Synaptic, or by using the apt-get program like zerhacke suggested above, is a whole lot easier than downloading the package from somewhere then fooling around with source code n stuff. Software repositories is the Ubuntu Way!! Dig it!!
thx, sry for beeing a complete noob :P