PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No working Audio

designateduser
July 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hey Ubuntu users!
So I recently made the switch to Linux from Vista (ughh) and am somewhat familiar with unix operating systems (other computer is a mac) though I am still extremely new to what I am finding are HUGE parts of this operating system. Anyway Ubuntu so far has been great except for one thing, my sound. I am using a HP Pavillion dv4 and when I first installed 9.04 the only audio I was able to receive was from headphones. I checked that the volume was not muted, and it wasn't, but I found something curious. When I use vista, my computers buttons for volume control change color to indicate muted or un-muted and have a touch sensor for turning the volume up or down. as of currently Ubuntu is reconizing the changing of these buttons (when I push the mute button it shows as muted) but the touch button itself is still orange not blue (it changes to blue when not muted). Any help as to how to fix things is much appreciated. (also I am a horrible speller, but the spell check stopped checking not even half way through, so sorry for that:()
-DesignatedUser

Tman5293
July 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
You need to make sure that the audio drivers for your speakers are installed.

designateduser
July 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Ok, so how do I do that? (sorry Im a nube)

kamaleon75
August 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I work recently to found a solution to same problem whit a HP dv4 laptop model dv4-1213la i hope work for you. read this post

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7732812&postcount=85

on the same theme could found other options to the solution, all depends on the model o you laptop.

Regards

designateduser
August 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Thank you soooooo much!!! that did the trick!:P