PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu One scans forever without uploading data. Syncdaemon is a resource hog

wersdaluv
July 20th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I had Ubuntu One for more than a week already. I added three important configuration folders of apps to my Ubuntu One folder. The thing is, it only uploaded an empty .purple. Nothing else. It just scans forever (as the applet says "Ubuntu One: Scanning" forever) and eats a lot of resources. Syncdaemon eats 2.1 gb of ram and a lot of CPU.

Any idea? =)

wersdaluv
July 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
I also noticed that my Ubuntu One folder doesn't anymore have the "Connect" button or something like that on Nautilus. It just looks like an ordinary folder

I reinstalled Ubuntu One for a few times. I don't know if it has something to do with it.

enz1m3
July 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
I use it on 9.04 and though it's a bit slow, it works well and it doesn't consume much RAM, but it does consume a constant 5-10% cpu.

Have you looked in the bug reports for this? The Connect button missing is weird... When you removed Ubuntu One, did you remove the directory it creates?

wersdaluv
July 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM
I use it on 9.04 and though it's a bit slow, it works well and it doesn't consume much RAM, but it does consume a constant 5-10% cpu.

Have you looked in the bug reports for this? The Connect button missing is weird... When you removed Ubuntu One, did you remove the directory it creates?
I didn't remove. I'll try it now. I always assumed that it should detect that "Ubuntu One" folder properly on reinstall. I forgot that this is beta software.

EDIT:
I just did it. Still no connect button. The applet won't even connect now. Syncdaemon is less of a hog, though.

vincenzo.disomma
July 23rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Which version of the ubuntuone-client are you using?

andrea000
July 24th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Mine wouldn't show up part of the time but i think
this is fixed now i had some up dates today and i
haven't had that to happen to me since i updated.

wersdaluv
July 24th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Mine wouldn't show up part of the time but i think
this is fixed now i had some up dates today and i
haven't had that to happen to me since i updated.
Thanks! The update must have fixed the problem. I installed Ubuntu One again to try. It's working now. Beautiful! hehe :D