PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make ' Send Link ' call Evolution from Firefox

rsiddharth
July 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I use Firefox(3.5) to Browse the Internet , I have been trying to send links to friends by email through Firefox's ' Send Link ' option , but unfortunately I don't know the way to configure the Firefox to open the Compose box of Evolution with the desire linked placed in the message box of the Evolution Compose Window . :confused:

Thanks for your help .

zebsdad
July 20th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Go to Evolution program and set it as default?

BDNiner
July 20th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I thought that evolution was the default mail application and the send to link would open evolution. But just go to program defaults and set the mail application to default. I have mine set to Thunderbird and it works quite well. only gripe is if i have have thunderbird open then it does not work.

y-lee
July 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Setting program defaults don't seem to work for me, i am running ubuntu remix off of a flash drive adn evolution is set as the default e-mail program. But anyway ...

What happens when you click a send mail link? You can test here (http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_mailto). If FF has not been configured to handle such links then a Launch Application window should pop up click the choose button. naviagte to /usr/bin and find the evolution file and click it and then click open. be sure the remember my choice ... box is checked and then click ok.

rsiddharth
July 21st, 2009, 03:08 AM
Setting program defaults don't seem to work for me, i am running ubuntu remix off of a flash drive adn evolution is set as the default e-mail program. But anyway ...

What happens when you click a send mail link? You can test here (http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_mailto). If FF has not been configured to handle such links then a Launch Application window should pop up click the choose button. naviagte to /usr/bin and find the evolution file and click it and then click open. be sure the remember my choice ... box is checked and then click ok.
Thank you y-lee , It worked , as you said the Launch Application appeared ( actually this was the place where I get stuck and prior new nothing to go further than this ) , I chose ' Choose ' went to /usr/bin , found 'evolution' and the next instant the Compose box opened with the URL in the text box! .

rsiddharth
July 21st, 2009, 03:12 AM
zebsdad , Evolution as BDNiner told is the default email application in ubuntu . Even though I new it was I just doubled checked it and found that Evolution indeed is my default email client. :D