PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] System wide notification not working

DieHards77
July 19th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Hey guys, quick question for anyone who can help. I reformatted my computer, installed ubuntu 8.1 and then updated the system to 9.04. When doing that for some reason it didnt give me the system wide notification. I tried all the installing of notify-osd and it is installed but Im getting something that looks like a little peach colored box in the bottom right corner that shows the notification and has a kind of like pie chart of time ticking down a couple seconds before the box fades away. I want the standard block box in the top right notificiation like I used to. Does anyone know why this might be happpening? thanks for the help

DieHards77
July 19th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Also just to add to this I still have the old notification from 8.1 when i increase and decrease volume and things of that nature yet pidgin gives me the other notification that I described above

DieHards77
July 19th, 2009, 12:53 PM
does anyone have any ideas?

mikechant
July 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sounds like your upgrade has left you in a mess. I'd do a fresh install of 9.04 and copy over /home, but it's also possible that your config files are messed up so you might want to delete any .progname files in your home directory for any programs that are misbehaving.