PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Small gripe with Ubuntu One and Bookmarks

Primefalcon
July 18th, 2009, 07:15 AM
When I installed Ubuntu one it installed itself into my nautilus bookmarks, I figured since I have it in my task-bar I'd remove it from my nautilus bookmarks when it set up upon install.

All well and good, but the next time I reboot Ubuntu it resets itself in there, if I wanted it back, I wouldn't of removed it in the first place, I don't want to have to use chattr on my nautilus bookmarks file to stop this happening but I will if I have to...

enz1m3
July 19th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure it's a possibility yet, but probably it will be thought-of in the future. You could (and should) let them know your opinion.

Primefalcon
July 24th, 2009, 07:44 AM
well I as kinda hoping someone here tell me I'm a buffoon (well not really) and tell me that I missed a way to configure this, as to be honest this is the only gripe I have with this at all...

Primefalcon
July 25th, 2009, 12:13 AM
for now I just ran chattr +i on the nautilus bookmarks file, since I have most of the bookmarks I want and I am not adding new ones all the time its not that much of a hassle chattr -i it if I need to modify it, so the issue is solved for the now anyhow

Inevitable Glitch
September 21st, 2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Kinda bothersome.