PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Medibuntu

lotusalive
July 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hi Folks: Prepping my PC with Medibuntu, and have a couple questions. The Jaunty version given in the Upgrade is generic x86_64, so does that mean I should install all the 64-bit code ?

Also, what is ia-32-libs ? One of the 64-bit commands could not find it, and I could not find it in Synaptics Pkg Mgr. Do I need it ? Where can I find it, or do I just have to do without it ? (Error Msg Fixes didn't work...)

Thanks for looking at this.:)

Partyboi2
July 17th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi, the ia-32-libs package has the runtime libraries to run 32bit programs on 64bit. It is in the universe repos, but if you are running the 32bit ubuntu it is not available.

lotusalive
July 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Thx for that... Also, libflash-mozpluggin is not found in either version, 32-bit nor 64-bit, nor Synaptics. The only libflash is flash-plugin-nonfree-extrasound... Should I just leave these errors if the fixes do not find them ?

Should I allow the Medibuntu Source Code for Jaunty in Respositories ? And / or enable Intrepid also ? ?

Partyboi2
July 18th, 2009, 03:06 AM
libflash-mozpluggin is only available in the repos for dapper and hardy I would suggest using flashplugin-nonfree instead.

Should I allow the Medibuntu Source Code for Jaunty in Respositories ? And / or enable Intrepid also ? ? If you are wanting some of the packages that Mediubuntu has then I would suggest adding the repo to your sources.list as it is a lot easier to let apt-get install the package and its dependencies.
I would also recommend not adding intrepid repos to your jaunty sources.list as this can cause breakages.

lotusalive
July 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Thank you partiboy2 ! I already DID add the Intrepid Repo to the Medibuntu

Repo, BUT the ONLY thing it added was Adobe Flash Plugin ! ! And I was

having trouble getting You Tube Videos to play BEFORE adding it, since

suddenly, YouTube required the gstreamer-bad plugins, and it was looping

the videos, i.e. repeating itself at random, while streaming, weirdest

'stream' I'd ever encountered ! So, if I leave it this way, I risk

breakage from other conflicting packages, OR, if I take it out, I can't

play YouTubes, lol... I'll look at Medibuntu again tonight... Or, go

back to Hardy ! Thanks alot, again partyboi2

Partyboi2
July 19th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Remove the Intrepid medibuntu, then add the Jaunty one with

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/jaunty.list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get update

lotusalive
July 20th, 2009, 09:05 PM
GEE, thanks... Looks like to really saved me from conflicting packages in the future ! YouTubes are working fine too. Really grateful Partiboi2:KS

P.S. I had to go in and remove adobe-flashplugin-intrepid from Synaptics manually.