PDA

View Full Version : new VOIP competitor

gosh
January 24th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I read an article about an open-source alternative for Skype. Not yet fully launched but might be interesting to follow:

www.openzoep.org

majikstreet
January 24th, 2006, 11:50 PM
openwengo and gizmo are open source alternatives too.

gosh
January 25th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Right, thnx.
didn't know that. I'll check 'm out

Brynster
January 25th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Gimzo is imo the best alternative.

Virogenesis
January 25th, 2006, 02:07 PM
gizmo isn't opensource actually its part opensource openwengo look to be the best due to using standard SIP.

GazaM
January 25th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the new Ekiga (previously Gnomemeeting)... they've also started giving ekiga.net SIP accounts as well, so it's a proper SIP provider now too.

Most of all though, I'm looking forward to Jabber clients implementing the Jingle protocol (Google Talks voip protocol)... this is great news for IM and VOIP I think. Plus Google are going to implement SIP - Jingle interoperability, so hopefully this will pass on to the Jingle protocol as a whole and not just the Google Talk server.

SWAT
February 13th, 2006, 12:22 AM
....Most of all though, I'm looking forward to Jabber clients implementing the Jingle protocol (Google Talks voip protocol)... this is great news for IM and VOIP I think. Plus Google are going to implement SIP - Jingle interoperability, so hopefully this will pass on to the Jingle protocol as a whole and not just the Google Talk server.
I can only say, that I'm also looking forward to (free and open-source) Jabber servers and clients which implement Jingle. Does anyone know of any which have this implemented at this time? (or some that have it in their roadmap?)