PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card running slow

LHalladay
July 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I tried asking this in a different thread and I guess I put it in the wrong place, so I'll try it here.

I don't know much about how all this stuff works, but I am working for a company using Adobe After Effects and they have built a PC computer for me, with Vista 32-bit. It is supposed to be a really fast computer and they put a graphics card in it that is called GeForce 9500 GT. All of the drivers have been installed, but it is still running slow.

Like I said, I don't know much at all about this stuff, so if anyone could provide me with a detailed step-by-step solution, that would be extremely wonderful. Thank you!

northern lights
July 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Are you running Ubuntu or the pre-installed Vista?

expaddy
July 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Should you not think about trying a windows forum?

Better still install ubuntu.

LHalladay
July 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry... I just Googled something about graphics card forums and this is what came up - I didn't know ubuntu is some sort of program or something. I don't know what it is - I was just hoping to find someone to help me.

halitech
July 13th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Ubuntu is Linux operating system. My suggestion would be, if it is a company computer, talk to your IT department and let them know its running slow and have them look at it instead of risking breaking something.

northern lights
July 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Ubuntu is a Linux distribution - i.e. an operating system such as Windows or MacOS.

That being said, your graphics device is up-to-date and will handle even the resource-hogging Vista with ease.

If your machine is equipped with 2 or more gigs of memory, your fine also.

Bad performance is then most likely due to a bloated OS - are you running a lot of automatically started tasks in the background?
Hit 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' to open a Taskmanager and check for superfluous processes.

Be advised that if you really don't know what you're doing, have an expert handle it.