PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] thunderbird lost inbox emails

DarinB
July 12th, 2009, 09:20 PM
1. last night i had an email from someone and the content was an unrelated email from someone else but about 5 months old. that i don't remember receiving or had been deleted a long time ago?????
2. it occurred again today,,,,and all the inbox emails were blank but my other folders were not. (i use mail filters to separate my mail).
3.i right clicked the inbox and tried rebuild that simply deleted everything in the inbox. any idea what is going on???????
3. i had my email account cloned or something and for two days last week i had about a thousand returned undeliverable emails that were sent from my domain but from names that are not in my email accounts. they stopped and now just trickle in. i have heard that this happens to everyone.
lastly are all these events related and what can i do if this happens again to save my emails?????

LewRockwell
July 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
which operating system and version?

which version of thunderbird?

which email service?

POP or IMAP?

DarinB
July 12th, 2009, 09:34 PM
sorry good point!
which operating system and version? jaunty

which version of thunderbird? version 2.0.0.22

which email service? my web site, optonline, gmail with add on

POP or IMAP? all are pop

apoorva
July 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM
sorry good point!
which operating system and version? jaunty

which version of thunderbird? version 2.0.0.22

which email service? my web site, optonline, gmail with add on

POP or IMAP? all are pop

I have the same problems, the earlier emails are all blank and this happened when a email from 2 people got mixed, so what is the solution

Apoorva

DarinB
July 16th, 2009, 12:55 AM
well at least i am not alone on this one. i rebuilt my index of course it deletes everything in the inbox but for now it seems ok. Does any one know what this is??????????????????? should i switch to an other email app, that would really suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!