PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ANY flash player HELP ubuntu PPC v6.10

xChewyx
July 12th, 2009, 04:20 PM
i am really bad with ubuntu... especially PPC ubuntu. i have an old G3 mac ibook wich i have recently installed ubuntu 6.10 on (most recent version i can put on this machine) I want to be able to watch youtube videos without having to download... so just normal on site watching... can someone please give me a step by step instruction with pictures (as i said.. terrible with ubuntu) on how to install ANY flash plugin (by any i meen like gnash or something)...... i really want to watch youtube...

j.stam.84
July 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Okay, I'm gonna do something I've never done before because I HATE it ;). I'm gonna give some unwanted (? ) advice. Why is 6.10 the most recent version you can install? I've checked wikipedia and I don't think you'll be pleased with the speeds your getting running Gnome. Why don't you install the most recent XUbuntu (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/ports/releases/jaunty/release/xubuntu-9.04-alternate-powerpc.iso) and install that? XFCE seems like the way to go in your situation.

And, I'm sorry, but Gnash is the only way to play Flash-content on PPC (If I'm not mistaking) and your specs are way to low for that.

xChewyx
July 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
because i dont have enough ram..... PLEASE just give me complete instructions on how to install any kind of flash player on Ubuntu 6.10

xChewyx
July 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
actually i only have 130mb of ram...