PDA

View Full Version : HELP! installing Rosetta Stone 2.1A

RPG Master
July 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I put the disc in and run the setup.exe it says "InstallAnywhere is preparing to install" then it quickly goes from 0% to 100%... then it disappears and nothing happens... Please help... I've got to learn Japanese :(

ackanao
July 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1867

RPG Master
July 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Yep, before starting this thread I searched the AppDB and read that page. It says it's "garbage" but it was run on Ubuntu 8.04 and with an older version of WINE. I was hoping that it might have gotten better over time...

ackanao
July 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Uh, sorry I was a bit rude - I didn't read your question carefully.. I'm really sorry.

RPG Master
July 11th, 2009, 10:35 PM
It's fine, as long as someone can help me ;)

RPG Master
August 6th, 2009, 03:58 AM
bump

Mia1990
August 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I run 3.2 and i get no error's install is good and it run's 10x better then it ever did in windows Does it give you a error message and how are you installing it?Don't right click
on the cd when it comes up on your desktop i installed some software that way once and never was able to uninstall it.Go to wine then uninstall wine software and on the
top right hand side there is a install software button.

RPG Master
August 6th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I run 3.2 and i get no error's install is good and it run's 10x better then it ever did in windows Does it give you a error message and how are you installing it?Don't right click
on the cd when it comes up on your desktop i installed some software that way once and never was able to uninstall it.Go to wine then uninstall wine software and on the
top right hand side there is a install software button.

Well, I tried that just now... didn't help :(

Thanks for trying though...

andrea000
August 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I just looked at the appdb and it looks like the newer
Rosetta stone works good so if you can upgrade to the
newer one 3.2 looks like it works good.May just be 2
that is bad.