PDA

View Full Version : Another WoW + WINE thread. Sorry.

Fableflame
July 10th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I've just installed WoW yesterday with no problem, but when I launch it now I get problems. At first when I launched it it played the introductory stuff, just like anyother time somebody runs it for the first time. After that though, when it's supposed to show the login screen, it just shows a blank black screen. I got irritated with it last night and gave up, deciding to get back to it today. Well, I launch WoW again, and it says something about new hardware, which is odd, because I haven't installed any new hardware. It says there is new hardware and asks if I want to reset to default settings. I clicked no, and it proceeded to launch. Only instead of the normal problem, it crashes. Two errors pop up, I've recorded what each of them say. The forum won't let me post the first error....tells me that I have too many images in my post...

I also had another error, only a part of the window was readable, but this is what I could see:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132(0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow(some text was cut off here i think)
Exception: 0xC0000005(ACCESS_VIOLATOING) at 0(more text here I couldn't see

The instruction at "0x7D8A5BE" referenced memory at "(more here I couldn't see)
The memory could not be "read".

Fableflame
July 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Bump

Rody
July 11th, 2009, 05:33 AM
I had a similar problem recently try running wow.exe as root i think it is trying to update and cant. In windows you had to run wow.exe as admin to make it work.

medic2000
July 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
You have to have full read and write to WoW folder especially WTF directory.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Wine