PDA

View Full Version : Steam issue

Mayan2012
July 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Hello, I'm new here, and the reason I registered is that when I install steam with wine and all that stuff (It's working) the STEAM FRIENDS INTERFACE is really disordered and the text looks destroyed and very, VERY hard to read.

Yes, I have tahoma installed.

Can anyone help me please? Btw, I'm running on Jaunty.

- MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE RIGHT SECTION IF THIS IS NOT THE ONE -

Mayan2012
July 10th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Bump

TalkHero
July 13th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hello, I'm new here, and the reason I registered is that when I install steam with wine and all that stuff (It's working) the STEAM FRIENDS INTERFACE is really disordered and the text looks destroyed and very, VERY hard to read.

Yes, I have tahoma installed.

Can anyone help me please? Btw, I'm running on Jaunty.

- MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE RIGHT SECTION IF THIS IS NOT THE ONE -

Have you installed the MS font pack?

sudo aptitude install msttcorefonts

That might help, it might not.

8Kuula
July 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
If memory works, you need tahoma.ttf, marlett.ttf and Lucida Console fonts in your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts directory.

msttcorefonts package wont install fonts to your home directory, so need copy them to that same directory.

diggedy
July 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ive just fixed this myself. you need to install winetricks and then install all the corefonts, tahoma only fixes some of the ingame fonts.

nowhereman00
July 15th, 2009, 12:40 PM
well does anyone have the issue of steam closing inexplicably after it starts and if so a fix?

can has fix?

would really like a fix T_T

nowhereman00
July 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM
well does anyone have the issue of steam closing inexplicably after it starts and if so a fix?

can has fix?

would really like a fix T_T

nvm i fixed it installed corefonts under ubuntu and not just wine

Hgisle
July 27th, 2009, 11:27 PM
nvm i fixed it installed corefonts under ubuntu and not just wine

i got the same problem. But im new to ubuntu so i dont know how to do thins? got the newes version of corefonts:

sudo apt-get msttcorefonts.

is there anyting else i can do?:)