PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Broadcom Wireless Card Not In Hardware Drivers list

GreenBowlPacker_3
July 9th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I just install Ubuntu on a Gateway PC with a Broadcom 802.1g wireless card. When I go to System -> Hardware Drivers and search to activate my card nothing shows up. I have Ubuntu installed on my Dell (using it now) and the driver for my wireless card was detected and works fine.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Or is it a problem with Gateway?

t0mppa
July 9th, 2009, 01:10 AM
The hardware drivers list is simply a way of activating secondary drivers, in case the default one doesn't work. If your driver works and is recognized, no need to enable anything there.

GreenBowlPacker_3
July 9th, 2009, 03:44 AM
It doesn't recognize it, and it doesn't work.

t0mppa
July 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Ah sorry, mixed up the Dell with Gateway PC, my bad. Ok, if you can't see anything on the Hardware Drivers, you might have to do it by hand then.

Open up a terminal and run lshw -C network and post back with the output to see what type of a chipset you have and what's the current state of your card.

superprash2003
July 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
check this link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx/Feisty_No-Fluff