PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot mount folder shares

DrPepper836
July 8th, 2009, 04:34 AM
For a while now, I've been using the network to share folders. It was easy, I just right clicked on the folder, went to sharing options, and checked share this folder and guest access. Earlier today, however, I was trying to customize the permissions a little bit, so I installed the system-config-samba program to be able to do that.

Well after I started using it, both my host desktop and Ubuntu laptop stopped being able to mount the network folder. They can detect it, and my Vista computer can open the folder just fine, but Ubuntu would say "Unable to mount Windows share." I could still open the folder that I had hosted from my laptop though on either OS. So I unistalled system-config-samba completely, but it still gives me that error. I even reinstalled the basic samba package.

superprash2003
July 8th, 2009, 06:52 AM
that is a nautilus bug , i too see that error but yet can still access all shares!!

DrPepper836
July 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I tried dolphin, and it can open the folder, but it doesn't see any files inside it. And also, nautilus can open the share from my laptop just fine, so I think that it's something besides nautilus.