PDA

View Full Version : Printer "problem"

peter321
July 7th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I recently did install a DualBoot XP/ Ubuntu 9.04 on my Toshiba M30 laptop, everything is working perfectly on both OS's except the Brother 210c Multifunction on Ubuntu as the Brother Web site, while offering an automatic driver download for Win & Mac, gives instead several options and commands to set the Linux divers. I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience and found an easy solution, Ubuntu, while acknowledging the 210c does not show any driver (besides Generic) from the drivers I downloaded, (a guess job?)

jpeddicord
July 7th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Moved to Hardware; Forum Feedback & Help is for issues directly related to these forums.

plucky
July 7th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I recently did install a DualBoot XP/ Ubuntu 9.04 on my Toshiba M30 laptop, everything is working perfectly on both OS's except the Brother 210c Multifunction on Ubuntu as the Brother Web site, while offering an automatic driver download for Win & Mac, gives instead several options and commands to set the Linux divers. I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience and found an easy solution, Ubuntu, while acknowledging the 210c does not show any driver (besides Generic) from the drivers I downloaded, (a guess job?)

Try searching and using Synaptic Package Manager to install the drivers for the MFC-210c printer.

I am assuming you have the MFC-210C Brother printer.

For the scanner,you have to download the .deb file from the Brother website (http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/download_scn.html) and double click on it to install the driver.

Your printer uses the brscan2 .deb file.

Good Luck