PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What is the best way to transfer music to iPhone OS 2.2.1 on Ubuntu today?

wersdaluv
July 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
At this time of writing, the current iPhone OS is 3.0 but syncing isn't possible on Ubuntu yet. I don't know how long it is going to take but I still decided to downgrade to 2.2.1.

I have an iPod Touch 2g 16gb. To my best knowledge, I followed the instructions from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPhone correctly. However, whenever I run
sudo ipod-touch-mount I get

ssh: connect to host ipod port 22: No route to host
read: Connection reset by peer.

What did I do wrong? I wasn't able to install the BSD Subsystem package because Installer doesn't seem to work anymore. I installed openssh from Cydia and I suppose that it should satisfy the requirements for the instructions of installing openssh and BSD Subsystem from Installer.

I set 192.168.1.33 as the static IP address. I just noticed that it disabled internet access in my iPod. Any idea why? What is a right IP address to use for this purpose? Other adds don't remain static.

Syncing the old iPhone firmware is still tricky for me even if it has been out for a while. What could be the most sophisticated way to transfer music using Ubuntu? I really can't stand iTunes.

EDIT:
If it makes a difference, my wifi router is connected to a wired router.