PDA

View Full Version : error with internet stats in game & full screen - running under wine

hufferd
July 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I am starting to think that the wine app database is BS but thats besides the point and does not need to be posted here...

I found a game that I looked at that was in wines app data base & had a platinum rating..... This game has been anything but platinum....

First of all I had issues getting it to run under wine that has been fixed..... thanks to help in another thread on here.

I am still having issues for having a platinum rating this stuff should not be an issue I would not think.

1. The game will NOT play in an emulated desktop of 800x600 or w/e it is
even when I have wine config set to emulate 800x600. *** when the game starts it ALWAYS goes into full screen mode period!!! Nothing else no matter what I have done.

2. there is a screen where you can see your over all ranking against other players via the Internet well you could see it if it worked...

everytime I try to refresh stats I get an error in game it says can not connect to server or something like that..

I did take a look at the terminal ouput ... and saw a ref. to http: something and it seems to show an error I wonder if anyone knows how I could fix this??

err:wininet:HTTP_HttpOpenRequestW Unable to escape string!(L"/scoresPT.php?game=0&name=Dr. Dan&score_id=0&score=888&hours_played=43&techpoints_earned=848&babies_made=41&food_gathered=16&people_cured=4&crabs_found=58&peak_population=374&deaths=29&oldest_villager=76&number_events=22&twins_birthed=178&triplets_birthed=1&version=10121&digest=coo006eooecoe6kiec89aw"...) (-2147467261)

The game is Plant Tycoon BTW -- no wise cracks about the the game please LOL the web site is www.planttycoon.com

And just an FYI all game functions work under a virtual box I have set up including the Internet rankings But performance is bad under virtual box and I really would rather use wine if I can...

ackanao
July 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hi hufferd

I just tested and game runs in emulated Desktop without problems - try something like this:

WINEPREFIX=~/Desktop/Tycoon winecfg

Replace "/Desktop/Tycoon" with right "path" for your wineprefix.

As for your other problem I'll see what can I do...

NightMKoder
July 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Make sure that you're using the latest wine (1.1.25).
Check if it's your username (Dr.Dan - make one without the period and try).

hufferd
July 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Ok guys thanks I will see what I can do and change a couple things :)

hufferd
July 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Make sure that you're using the latest wine (1.1.25).
Check if it's your username (Dr.Dan - make one without the period and try).

Ah that worked I changed the user name LOL who would have thought about the "." messing things up

hufferd
July 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi hufferd

I just tested and game runs in emulated Desktop without problems - try something like this:

WINEPREFIX=~/Desktop/Tycoon winecfg

Replace "/Desktop/Tycoon" with right "path" for your wineprefix.

As for your other problem I'll see what can I do...

And thank you again this worked as well --- so any time you make changes it must be with the prefix for each app I assume?

ackanao
July 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yes - changes you made for one wineprefix have no effect on other wineprefixes you have.