PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Accessing OS X partition in Ubuntu?

[Rolamoto]
July 3rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
I have my Early 2008 MacBook (4,1) running a triple boot (OS X, Windows 7, and a wubi-installed Ubuntu 9.04). I can see the majority of my OS X partition, but I can't access my media folders. Is there any way I can access them under Ubuntu?

WA_Garrett
July 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Is it that you can't see them or you just can't do anything with the files in them?

[Rolamoto]
July 4th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Is it that you can't see them or you just can't do anything with the files in them?

I can't access anything deeper than /users/bmccue/ except Sites and Public.

Richardcavell
July 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Is the problem that you are being denied access?

You want your Linux user id (uid) to be the same as your OS X userid, and then you will be able to supply your OS X password to get into the directories.

Richard

[Rolamoto]
July 6th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I'm using the same userid and password on both and it says it's a problem with permissions.

cyberdork33
July 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
;7567793']Yeah, I'm using the same userid and password on both and it says it's a problem with permissions.
your osx username and ubuntu username are still different users. You can change the permissions on the OS X side to allow access to other users.

You can also change your ubuntu uid (this is a number, not your username) to match that of your OSX user; this will make the system see them both as the same user.

[Rolamoto]
July 6th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks, I got it.