PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Rhythmbox, iPods and Transcoding

darkestfright
July 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
I recently discovered that Rhythmbox will transcode audio files to MP3 format (if you have the proper encoder installed) when transfering to an iPod if the original is in an unsupported format. Very usefull because having all of my ripped music is in .flac format. However, I would like to be able to edit the transcoding options but I have not seen any preferences or options to do so.

Is there a config file I can edit somewhere to make it use a different encoder (transcode to AAC and a high quality VBR for example)?

Thanks in advance

darkestfright
July 3rd, 2009, 03:40 AM
bump, anyone?

Geremia
June 1st, 2011, 04:16 AM
I recently discovered that Rhythmbox will transcode audio files to MP3 format (if you have the proper encoder installed) when transfering to an iPod if the original is in an unsupported format. Very usefull because having all of my ripped music is in .flac format. However, I would like to be able to edit the transcoding options but I have not seen any preferences or options to do so.

Is there a config file I can edit somewhere to make it use a different encoder (transcode to AAC and a high quality VBR for example)?

Thanks in advanceI never knew Rhynmbox did this annoying transcoding thing until I realized it was doing something much more than simply copying audio to my iPod, which would've taken much less time. How can one disable transcoding?