PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Wubi Install Start Up Problems

tree56uk
July 2nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Hey there. I downloaded the current 9.04 Wubi installer from the main site, it seemed to install well and I can boot up Ubuntu with no problems at all. However when I get to the screen where you put in your username and password, I put in my details and press enter, the screen goes blank for a few seconds except for the cursor, then the whole laptop reboots and takes me back to the OS selection screen. Another thing I noticed during the install was that it was downloading the Amd64 ISO, when im on Intel. I dont know if that matters. Any ideas? (Im also downloading the Wubi R134 to see if that will be any different) Thanks in advance.

presence1960
July 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
There have been a few problems with wubi and 9.04. Try out the wubiR134 as it is supposed to have those issues fixed. BTW AMD64 is the codename for 64 bit architecture. It runs on Intel 64 bit as well. Seeing as AMD rolled that out first their name got used for the architecture.

tree56uk
July 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
The R134 still has the same problems for me, on checking my System Properties, Im a 32bit system, that would have meant it wouldnt have installed or even gave me a login screen in the first place. So Im wondering if there is a 9.04 32bit Wubi installer somewhere?