PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TwonkyMedia/CDs

SPARTAN-118
July 2nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
Hi, I am having trouble with the TwonkyMedia server (30 day Trial).

Whenever I stream media to my Xbox 360, it plays for about 30 seconds (some longer, some shorter) before the sound bugs out.

I'm not sure if this is because it is the trial version, but when I try to either select Next or Stop to go back, my 360 freezes.

I've been trying to find a good replacement for Windows' automatic streaming (once you select your 360 in WMP's Sharing area. If the reason the sound stops working with TwonkyMedia is because it's the trial, then is there a way to stream via the VLC media player? If so, please post a link.

If not, then is there a program out there that can create CDs from mp3/wma files that can then be ripped onto my 360? I'm not just talking about burning a CD; that's simple. I'm talking about studio-style CDs that you can rip onto another computer (or, in this case, my Xbox 360). I hate how Windows Media Player doesn't even do this, probably due to some copyright issues or DRM-related crap.

If anybody finds out what's wrong with TwonkyMedia (server), locates a good Studio-style CD burning program (preferably one that's not very complicated), or knows how to set up streaming in VLC, please put a link in your reply (or PM me).

Thanks,
SPARTAN-118