PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] vodafone mobile connect software issue

matthappening
July 2nd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Hi, got a bit of an issue installing 'vodafone mobile connect card driver for linux' on my i386 running ubuntu 9.04.
Installed the software, restarted machine. Round of applause it works. Almost...
The vmc software is now installed in accesories>internet>vmc connect card driver for linux.
So I try to open the file & a dialogue box (twistd) says this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your device "huawei e660a" is not properly registered with the kernel. Vodafone mobile connect card driver for linux needs at least two serial ports to communicate with your huawei e660a. The program includes a set of udev rules plus some binaries that make sure your device is always working properly. If you've installed them from source, then make sure to copy the relevant files in the contrib dir.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I get the impression that my modem type (huawei e660a usb mobile card modem) is not supported & if this is the case then how do I make it supported by my machine? Can I alter the software?
Also if I do need to copy the relevant files from the contrib dir. then what would that relevant file(s) look like?
Is there a reliable modem for ubuntu 9.04 on an i386?