PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HDMI Problems with Sony Vaio

i, fuzzbot
July 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
I've searched the forums for anyone having a similar problem, but from what I have seen the details of mine are somewhat unique.

I recently installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my Sony Vaio FW laptop. It has an HDMI output which I would routinely plug into my HDTV when using Windows. I have tried various fixes posted here and elsewhere, but whenever I plug the HDMI cable into my computer Ubuntu either freezes or shuts off entirely. Does anyone know how to fix this?

kofiernest
November 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I am having the same problem with ubuntu 9.10 it works great but whenever i plug the HDMI cable to the laptop it freezes and does not do anything. the only way it works is when with the hdmi cable plug in when the computer is booting up. i am thinking maybe plug-n-play might not be working with the hdmi connection or there is something wrong with the hdmi driver i really dont now. I have a sony vaio vgn-fw230j laptop. help please

stepore
November 26th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I recently installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my Sony Vaio FW laptop. It has an HDMI output which I would routinely plug into my HDTV when using Windows. I have tried various fixes posted here and elsewhere, but whenever I plug the HDMI cable into my computer Ubuntu either freezes or shuts off entirely. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've found the only work-around is placing the computer in suspend/standby first, then plug in the HDMI cable, then wake from suspend. Works fine. Unplugging the HDMI cable will also completely lock the computer unless you suspend computer first, then unplug HDMI cable, then wake from suspend, again.

HTH