PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brasero Not Burning

zacharyrs
June 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I assume this will be a long journey to get this burner program to actually burn, and I hope some kind soul can help me :)

Here is my info:

I am running a MacBook laptop with Ubuntu (latest release). Previous to installing U, I was able to burn cds and dvds using the superdrive dvd-r/cd-r combo which came with my MacBook. Now that I have taken off OSX completely, I am having issues with burning.

The steps are as follows:
1. select music to burn
2. insert cd-r
3. The screen 'Burning Audo CD Normalizing Tracks Estimated drive speed' stays on the screen in definetely. See attached screenshot.

With that said, how can I get this to work? I am brand new to U so please be kind :)

bmdavis
August 10th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Have the same problem on a dell. Using 64-bit.... could it be brasero?

eric71
August 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
This is a verified problem that has had a bug filed for it. There's a few old posts on the forum here that should probably be updated. I've been following it for a while. thye only workaround has been to disable the normalizing plugin. But there is a fix finally in Brasero 2.26.3. It's not in the normal repositories yet, but I found it in a PPA. I can't find it right now, but I will post when I figure out where I got it.

It's here:

https://launchpad.net/~futurepilot/+archive/ppa