PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft - Connecting To BNet?

Mandraix
June 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Using a legit CD key and the discs, I get the following error upon trying to enter Battle.Net on StarCraft; I have tried reinstalling multiple times, to no avail.

"Battle.net was unable to properly identify your application version. Please uninstall and then reinstall the application. If the problem persists then you may have a computer virus. For information on detecting and removing this virus you may contact us by email at support@blizzard.com"

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this problem?

Mandraix
July 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Bump. I'm sure this must've been answered before, but I've searched for quite awhile and anywhere this problem was mentioned I didn't see a solution.

donkyhotay
July 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I've never had issues playing starcraft on b.net with a legit key. However do *not* use b.net to update starcraft automatically, it fails quite often. Download the updater from b.net manually and install that way before trying to connect. Also make certain that your wine configuration for starcraft is set for fullscreen & allow the windows manager to control the window. It makes b.net look really ugly and can make it confusing when joining and creating games (especially if you're not used to it) however the buttons *do* exist and you can click on them. If you don't do it that way you can see the buttons but they're 'underneath' and you can't click on them to make any selections.

VipeR_11
July 4th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I have the same problem i installed the patch manually and still getting the same error message as you :-/

Also my sound doesn't work but maybe I have to work around the settings since i got a creative X-FI card!!!

Bonzai11
July 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Try the automatic worked for me a few times.
After you do the standard fixes like fullscreen and mouse stays on screen works pretty well.
You could also try to run it through play on linux adds extra program :(
But it works very well if you just cant seem to get it working no matter what.

Mandraix
July 5th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Tried installing and running it through PlayOnLinux, still no dice.

Mandraix
July 7th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Update: I tried connecting to Battle.Net again, and I didn't get the error message and was delivered to what I think was the Battle.Net login screen. Said screen was mostly black except for a few options such as 'New Account'.

However, upon trying to connect once more after rebooting (the screen froze when it was all black), I once again recieved the error message.

Edit: Sometimes, when trying different gateways such as Asia or Europe, I get to the same black screen with only a few white-font options such as 'New Account'. At this point however the game is no longer on my bottom task bar/pane, and enters a windowed-like mode covering the top-left quadrant of my screen.

NightMKoder
July 7th, 2009, 04:07 AM
You have some graphics issues, I think. What video card/driver do you have?

Also - Viper - use pasuspender. pulseaudio doesn't like wine.