PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Keyboard or Touchpad

ubalderdash
June 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I'm trying to install Ubuntu on a LIFETEC LT41700 laptop but Ubuntu does not enable the keyboard or the touchpad. An external USB mouse works but with obvious difficulty. However, text is an integral part of the installation and although I can still install Windows my aim is to install Ubuntu.
Should I perhaps try an ojder version of ubuntu or will the result remain the same?

Any help would be appreciated.

ubalderdash
June 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
With no solutions to my Ubuntu installation problems I tried re-installing the latest version of Windows XP. This installation worked brilliantly and my laptop is now fully functional.

However, I did quite like Ubuntu and if it ever becomes possible to run it on my laptop I will give it another try.

random turnip
June 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Just get a USB keyboard, you may need to instal the drivers for the keyboard in your laptop after.

ubalderdash
July 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Just get a USB keyboard, you may need to instal the drivers for the keyboard in your laptop after.

Thanks for your reply.

Finding drivers for Windows is easy but finding them for ubuntu is nigh impossible. Buying a USB keyboard is neither cost effective nor conducive to portability.

Windows still seems to be the best solution here.