PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] evolution mail problem........or not.

Good dog
June 29th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I am new to Ubuntu, am just starting to be able to navigate my way around it after windows for years. One thing I am having a little trouble with is that I like sending mail occasionally with pictures not as attachments but actually in amongst the text.....with captions etc. I believe that this would normally be done by selecting insert in the compose message window then clicking image. For some reason the word image is greyed out and so I'm not able to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Cheers in advance.

Roadbloc
June 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
in my opinion, evolution as a mail client sucks. if i were you id download thunderbird from the add/remove window and see if the problem still persists.

AlexDudko
June 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Maybe you create Plain Text messages. Try to make them in html format by choosing
Format -> HTML in Compose Message window.

ginestre
June 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
You're writing plain text instead of html messages. You acan change this preference in Edit -> Preferences > Composing, then your default will be HTML. Or you can change it (either to or from HTML or plain text) ona mail by mail basis, as explained in the previous reply.

Good dog
June 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks, the problem was myself writing plain text messages.....feel a bit like an idiot.....I'll figure it out though.

Thanks again.

derekeverett
June 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolution frustrated me at first too. For the same reasons you explained.

I am still using it but I'm not entirely sure why. I have to agree that it kind of sucks. It does the job - and I don't need anything fancy but it still doesn't display ALL images. Just most of them.,

I can't figure out to save my life why that might be. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Sometimes it makes me so mad I hit myself in the face to punish myself. lol ok maybe not quite that bad...