PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 6.06 &6.10 on iMac G3

GunsAndRoses
June 29th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hello every1 i have few problems and i need your help. I have installed Ubuntu 6.06 on my iMac G3 (300MHz, 192 ram), and it work great only problem is that i can't start it without network/Internet i get these errors:
1) Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error.
2) There was an error starting GNOME Settings Daemon some things such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.
3) Bonobo - Activacion server Code error 3
After i close all those windows i get only the background picture and can't do anything but restart and plug in network cable.

With 6.10 it works perfect with and without network but i can't install or upgrade system, cause there is no support. Is there a way to download those programs i wanna use this Computer only for Movies and Music but i can't download software on 6.10. On 6.06 i install everything but it can't start without network/internet is there a way to fix one of these systems?

DGortze380
June 29th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Hello every1 i have few problems and i need your help. I have installed Ubuntu 6.06 on my iMac G3 (300MHz, 192 ram), and it work great only problem is that i can't start it without network/Internet i get these errors:
1) Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error.
2) There was an error starting GNOME Settings Daemon some things such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.
3) Bonobo - Activacion server Code error 3
After i close all those windows i get only the background picture and can't do anything but restart and plug in network cable.

With 6.10 it works perfect with and without network but i can't install or upgrade system, cause there is no support. Is there a way to download those programs i wanna use this Computer only for Movies and Music but i can't download software on 6.10. On 6.06 i install everything but it can't start without network/internet is there a way to fix one of these systems?

You'll get better advice in the Apple Support Forums.

I suggest you try a MUCH newer version, 6.06 and 6.10 are QUITE out of date. I had good luck with 7.04 on my PPC, but even that is way out of date at this point.

jmszr
June 29th, 2009, 03:56 AM
GunsAndRoses,

The second post on this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=822663
should help you with 6.10.