PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Acer 8930 sound and Nvidia

maxcherry
June 28th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Sorry UNBUNTU i tried i really tried but je wiz you don't make it easy for people to use. On the good side though with me being a newbie and KDE being easier to use (no offense) I worked out how to get my Nvidia card working to give me 3d and sound (KDEs way was way to hard, i mean what the heck are you supposed to do when your in level 3. nothing happens....not sausage....you look at your laptop and it just looks back at you saying "well what's next"

Here is what i did. I installed KDE first and set up the basics (updates and what nots pluss Nvidia updates and configured repositrey (just incase) then i installed UNBUNTU and used it to get my NVIDIA graphics card up and running (having got the foggiest on how to do that kernal thing) then i want back and did a system repair on KDE (here's where the blending takes place i think. then whent back to kde reinstalled NVIdia updates reboot and and went to yast admin and desk top and job done.....YAYYYYYY. i have a moving cube YAY me. Ive been spining it for ages a few tweeks and job done. Next part i found a website. Then lost it but i downloaded the file that gives sound for acer 8930. it will reboot itself then go back and reinstall you alsa mixers or whom ever then run the programm one more time for good luck. Ok i may have gone to the pole for an ice cube when i could have gone to the fridge. But you chaps put a giant spider in my path which made me run away screaming, So i worked round it. Thanks for saving me from the corporations. hope this helps all you Acer 8930s or any one else with sound problems

download attachment open with office (for KDE) copy and pate into root terminal press enter and relax. it will sort itself out and reboot.

feight
July 12th, 2009, 03:28 AM
On the good side though with me being a newbie and KDE being easier to use
KDE Isn't a version of Linux, it's a front end, like Windows Explorer is for windows. If you understand what a GUI is then you know what KDE and Gnome are (as well as blackbox and windowmaker, etc.)

Then whent back to kde reinstalled NVIdia updates reboot and and went to yast admin and desk top and job done.....YAYYYYYY.
Yast is a Suse Linux program, I think that's what you're trying to say. Suse (pronounced zu zie) is a version of Linux made by a german company which Microsoft purchased a major share in a bit ago.