PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is it possible to sync entire existing folders with Ubuntu One?

argie
June 23rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
It doesn't seem like I can just set it to share my ~/Documents folder, and that's a bit disappointing. That sounds like it _should_ be possible though, so I'm asking just in case it is possible.

vincenzo.disomma
June 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Not yet but it's something that we'd like to do in the near future.

juancarlospaco
June 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I do it with a Bash Script. :)

argie
June 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Vincenzo: I see, thank you.

Juan Carlos: I see. A script that automatically copies stuff to your My Files directory?

juancarlospaco
June 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
man rsync :)

asdir
July 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
In Dropbox a link to the folder in question works well. I wonder if that is true for Ubuntu One as well.
Just dragging a folder to "My Files" and holding ctrl+shift did not work, though.
Is there another way to create links that will be recognized by Ubuntu One maybe?

I'd prefer giving UO a list of folders that should be synced, though.

(By the way: My biggest beefs with UO are still the non-open soure code and that plans are much more expensive than its biggest competitor's Dropbox)

TuckLive
July 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM
(By the way: My biggest beefs with UO are still the non-open soure code and that plans are much more expensive than its biggest competitor's Dropbox)

I'm sure the plans will be re-evaluated before release. It's noted at Launchpad https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+spec/plans