PDA

View Full Version : 1.1.24 breaks Oblivion.

DaftPyramid
June 23rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
Well, it doesn't completely break it.

I updated wine today, and coincidentally I started a new game in Oblivion afterwards. Everything was perfectly fine. I saved and quit the game. Now, when I go to load the save, the environment and my character model is just one solid color. The entire world just looks dark blue (or white, if I'm in the menus) Everything else is fine: the menus, audio, everything. I can hear myself walking around and I can hear the citizens talking to me. I can even open doors if I stumble into one.

Tips?

Noob question: Is there a way to "downgrade" back to 1.1.23?

Clorow
June 23rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Yes, go to Synaptic, click on the wine package once you search for it, and press Ctrl+E. Although only 1.0.1 and 1.1.24 will be available if you are using Jaunty plus the 3rd party Wine repository.

DaftPyramid
June 23rd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Yeah, for some reason the update turned HDR on. Turning it off fixes the problem.

wiebeest
March 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=DaftPyramid;7502163]Well, it doesn't completely break it.

I updated wine today, and coincidentally I started a new game in Oblivion afterwards. Everything was perfectly fine. I saved and quit the game. Now, when I go to load the save, the environment and my character model is just one solid color. The entire world just looks dark blue (or white, if I'm in the menus) Everything else is fine: the menus, audio, everything. I can hear myself walking around and I can hear the citizens talking to me. I can even open doors if I stumble into one./QUOTE]

Although this is quite an old thread, but worth mentioning, the latest update for wine (1.3.15-0ubuntu1~maverickppa3) gives me the same symptoms. Oblivion worked great, untill the latest update mentioned above. So, everything workes, except that what should be rendered in 3D. So we got sound, flawless menu's, but loading a save game unfortunatelly gives nothing but one blend color (blue in my case). Switching from the HDR to Bloom or none doesn't help the least...

Regression?