PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing Chart

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM
One computer will show the chart on Fidelity.com website. The other just shows a blue square. I have checked synaptic for differences in Gstream, Adobe, flash java and can not seem to find a difference. I must be missing something. What could it be? I did notice that in the Firefox add ons one computer has an extra plugin which is Shockwave Flash 10.00. If that is the difference I am unsure as how to add it. It also has Shockwave 9.0.

LewRockwell
June 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM
things looked fine when I went to http://www.fidelity.com/

could you be more specific?

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Where the chart is supposed to be for the markets I have it on one Ubuntu 9.04 computer, but on the other one where the chart is supposed to be just a blue square.

Technoviking
June 17th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Where the chart is supposed to be for the markets I have it on one Ubuntu 9.04 computer, but on the other one where the chart is supposed to be just a blue square.

Do you have flash installed? I notice the market is a flash applet.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/Flash

T-V

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Flash plug installer and Flash plug non free are installed.

LewRockwell
June 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM
One computer will show the chart on Fidelity.com website. The other just shows a blue square. I have checked synaptic for differences in Gstream, Adobe, flash java and can not seem to find a difference. I must be missing something. What could it be? I did notice that in the Firefox add ons one computer has an extra plugin which is Shockwave Flash 10.00. If that is the difference I am unsure as how to add it. It also has Shockwave 9.0.

so are we to assume that the offending unit is the one with shockwave 9?

thanks

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Correct although the other one has both.

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Also the Flashplug installer 10.02 is installed but does not show in the fire fox plugins. I re installed it same problem.

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I have cleard all private data cache, etc. re-installed firefox, problem persists.

rosswmcgee
June 17th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Disabled shockwave 9 in Fire Fox/ problem solved. Not sure why and not sure why shockwave ten is not shown in plugins in Firefox.

rosswmcgee
June 18th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Bottom line:
Disabled shockwave 9 in Fire Fox/ problem solved. Not sure why and not sure why shockwave ten is not shown in plugins in Firefox.

So it appears that shockwave 9 is default on one computer the one with the problem. synaptic does not show it, it shows shockwave 10
even the /tools/addons/plugins in Firefox does not show 10. So some how disabling 9 in firefox plugins fixed the problem. I have no idea why? The other computer shows both 9 and 10 in firefox plugins both enabled and it had no problem. What is interesting to me is that two identical
computers with the same OS 9.04 and browser can have these differences. If some one has insight into the why, I am still interested although the problem is fixed.