PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get Everquest to work in Ubuntu

replambe
June 17th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Hello, I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I've been trying to get Everquest to run in Wine for a while now, and so far nothing has worked. I am using the latest version of Wine and also using Jaunty. I am new to Linux. I have tried many different threads on various sites, including this one. Here is what the terminal says when I run LaunchPad.exe:

Bootstrapper version = release-728753
Started with args = LaunchPad.exe
Running Bootstrapper...
Performing basic setup and system checks...
Info: Running on system=Windows XP, wordsize=32
Set working dir=C:/Program Files/Sony/Station/Station Launcher
Checking for self-installation...
No newer self-update in tmp
Checking for self-patch...
Getting mod time for url=http://lpconfig.patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/lp2/lpconfig/live/launcher/self/LaunchPad.exe
checking status-> storedLastChecksum=6762496, storedRemoteLastMod=1234924521, remoteLastMod=1234924521, myChecksum=6762496
No self-patching needed
Translating running context...
Setting context to self-image default (LaunchPad2)
Station Launcher was not running at the time of acquiring its mutex
Getting next image...
WAITING_FOR_REQUEST
lp2-live: Cache check implies no update is required.
Stop requested, but i'm not running
Updater exit status: 2
Executing next image...
Start Process exec=C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Station Launcher\LaunchPad2\StationLauncher.exe, args=, workingDir=C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Station Launcher\LaunchPad2
Bootstrapper run completed
replambe@ralph:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Sony/Station/Station Launcher$ fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership (0xe8 0x33fbcc 0x33fb9c) stub!
fixme:sync:CreateTimerQueue stub
fixme:sync:CreateTimerQueueTimer stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x33dea0
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x33e220
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8202 (SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE)
fixme:font:ExtTextOutW flags ETO_NUMERICSLOCAL | ETO_NUMERICSLATIN | ETO_PDY unimplemented
fixme:font:ExtTextOutW flags ETO_NUMERICSLOCAL | ETO_NUMERICSLATIN | ETO_PDY unimplemented
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8202 (SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE)

My computer is fully capable of running EQ, Wine, and Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info let me know, thank you.

kanamor
June 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hello, u can play Everquest following this guide

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2939

I have playing now to Everquest with ubuntu jaunty and the last beta version of wine

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/kanamor/Pantallazo-5-1.png

im in BB server, /tell kanamor