PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Search/Find in Evolution??

Tom Collier
June 17th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Can't seem to get the Search/Find function to work in Evolution/Calendar. It works as one would expect it to in Contacts, Mail, Tasks and Memos.

But either I don't understand its limitations in Evolution/Calendar or it isn't working properly.

For example, under the Search dropdown menu "Find Now" is always grayed out. When I type a search term in the box on Calendar, "Summary Contains" seems to be a default search rule. I do get some movement, but only if I have the month that contains the search term displayed. Doesn't Search/Find comb the whole calendar file? Kinda defeats the purpose of Search/Find if it doesn't.....

Steelmourne
June 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM
If you click on the magnifying icon next to the search box you should be able to adjust search options. I would also recommend Claws Mail if you find Evolution contains too many options.

Tom Collier
June 17th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I've tried all the various adjustments and search options, but none returns any results and the "find now" option on the Search dropdown menu still remains grayed out. Once again, this occurs only in Calendar. Search/Find works swimmingly in the other sections of Evolution.

I looked at Claws Mail's descriptions in Synaptic, but didn't see any mention of a calendar function. Does it contain one?