PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Full Circle - back to TB

kneewax
June 16th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hello folks, I've been posting recently about finding a good PIM solution for calendaring, email, tasks etc.

Loads of people had suggestions and I have tried most of the solutions they mentioned.

The biggest success at least initially was a migration to Kontact which I have been using now for a week or so. However the annoyances I haven't found a solution for including it's in ability to sensibly use html templates for outgoing mail (don't flame I know the arguments, but I also live in the real world) have made me retry TB with lightning installed.

Neither solution is perfect, but TB & lightning have the edge for now for what I want to do and what is important to the work I do. My big hope is that TB3 will answer some of my issues on that front.

So I've come full circle. Back to TB. I will need at some point to migrate the handful of messages important enough to need filing in TB BUT for now the one remaining issue I have is to do with printing diary pages in TB.

The one thing that lightning is missing for me is the ability to print a timetable view for a week. I feel sure I am not the only one who wishes to do this, and there must be an add-on or something to make this possible, but have not found one yet, any ideas folks?

The only other thing is I would love each appointment to take the colour of it's category for the whole displayed appointment not just the band on the right-hand side, but this one is manageable :-)

Thanks folks

AliM