PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is gyachi still the best yahoo alternative?

nakama85
June 16th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I have been out of the Ubuntu world for a little bit, but know I am back and stronger than ever. I was wondering if Gyachi was still the best yahoo m alternative as far as my needs for voice and video go!

Thanks

prvteprts
June 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Wow. I did not know there was a Yahoo-specific IM client for Linux with video and voice. I don't know about the answer to your question, but I tried it out and webcam works but I have not been able to get voice calls to work.

superprash2003
June 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
same here, having trouble with voice , i wish it worked smoothly!!

nakama85
June 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wow. I did not know there was a Yahoo-specific IM client for Linux with video and voice. I don't know about the answer to your question, but I tried it out and webcam works but I have not been able to get voice calls to work.

same here, having trouble with voice , i wish it worked smoothly!!

yeah, I had a little luck with voice. It was really intermittent, some rooms it would work and others not.

Does anyone know of something that works well with yahoo voice?

I have no problems running 2 instances under different user-names to have both voice and vid. It's a hassle but would do it!

superprash2003
June 16th, 2009, 04:44 PM
same here.. i really hope to get something like that.. even for google talk. i got voice working through empathy but no video..:(

golusweet
June 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM

Voice Calls doesnt work. It works in chatrooms.

loell
June 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
the voice call has been in the todo list for quite some time now, if you wanna remind the developer or just want to let him know that you really want the feature, drop him a message in gyachi forum (https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=533966)