PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Low sound volume in Ubuntu 9.04

loy66
June 16th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I just upgraded form ubuntu 8.04? to 9.04. Now I have very little voloume on my speaker output. It was operating find with the previous version. Now I wish I never had upgraded.
I can here music thru the speakers but the volume very low. I have the volume turned up to the maximum. I did try the following with no effect (sudo adduser "username" audio)
Can anybody give me a suggestion on what to try. I am using Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2
motherboard with a AMD64 processor. I am not sure if I am using Ubuntu 32bit or 64 bit
version. I think I install the 64 bit first then re-installed the 32 bit. How can I tell now?

murray92
June 16th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Click the speaker icon on your panel at the top, click volume control and make sure all the speaker values other than master (eg. front) and PCM are set to full. Ubuntu sets them at half by default i think. My speakers were too quiet till i found this, but they're fine now

loy66
June 21st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Murray92, Thanks your post correct my problem.:grin:

sideffects
June 21st, 2009, 07:55 PM
Click the speaker icon on your panel at the top, click volume control and make sure all the speaker values other than master (eg. front) and PCM are set to full. Ubuntu sets them at half by default i think. My speakers were too quiet till i found this, but they're fine now
Oh, awesome! I always wondered why the sound was louder when I was running Windows as opposed to Ubuntu.