PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I burn video DVDs with Brasero ?

Cubytus
June 15th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I'm trying to burn a DVD-Video from a known good VIDEO_TS folder, using Brasero on Jaunty.

I read Brasero's help, installed plugins dvdauthor, ffmpeg, and vcdimager, then relaunched Brasero.

I then put a DVD+R in the burner, but it indicated that it couldn't burn video DVDs with this plugin set.

Same result with putting a DVD-R.

Have I missed something? Do the plugins need to be registered, or any other operation performed allow burning video DVDs with free software?

I don't wish to pirate Nero for Linux just tohave some simple capability.

habub
September 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
The problem confirmed using jaunty installed the above packages and gstreamer ugly multiverse,bad multiverse, good packages

Cubytus
September 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
ONE person confirmed the problem... Were we the only ones to actually burn DVDs in 2009?

HappyFeet
September 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I have used Devede before to make and burn dvd's.

Cubytus
September 23rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
DeVeDe is for creating video DVD structures, not actually burning them from VIDEO_TS folder!

cor2y
September 23rd, 2009, 05:47 PM
I can never make brasero work correctly ever since it became the default burning tool for ubuntu.
My advice ditch it upon install of ubuntu and use K3B instead less headaches.

Cubytus
September 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
And how do the "other" tool behaves in Ubuntu?

K3B is "less headache", but much more libraries, since it's used in KDE, usually.

Bigtime_Scrub
September 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Try k3b.

Also have you installed ubuntu-restricted-extras yet?
How about all the medibuntu stuff like libdvdcss?

Cubytus
September 23rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
In fact, I don't really like the idea of installing hundreds of megs of dependancies just to make ONE program work for just ONE task.

Actually, I use Nero for Linux.

All of the restricted extras were installed, but in any case, the burned DVD indeed contained a VIDEO_TS folder, but was formatted in ISO rather than UDF. A successfully readable video DVD is UDF.

So far, unable to tell why it doesn't burn in UDF.