PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Yahoo or MSN Video Chat

ScottTE
June 15th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Good Morning,

Hoping there is a simple answer, I searched the forums with no luck. Basically my daughter has a laptop with widows and uses Yahoo and MSN for chatting. She's going on vacation and I want to be able to video chat with her.

How can I video chat, what application? I have a yahoo account that works fine (video) from Windows to Windows. I configured Pigeon for my yahoo account but do not see a video option. I used Cheese to verify the camera (built into laptop) works, and it does.

I just loaded a Ubuntu 9.04 and fairly new to the OS, albeit I have much experience with several flavors or unix and all windows.

Any info would be great.

Tom.

ricardofilipemoreira
June 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
well, try kopete for kde or amsn. pidgin doesn't have video support, but i think those 2 have.

meeples
June 15th, 2009, 05:02 PM
aww i use aMSN for msn video chat, its the only decent one ive been able to find that does video.

i dont know about yahoo though sorry

prshah
June 15th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Basically my daughter has a laptop with widows and uses Yahoo and MSN for chatting.

How can I video chat, what application?

I believe Skype 2.0 for linux has webcam support. However, I don't know if it will accept yahoo or msn IDs.. you may need to create Skype IDs as well as set it up on your daughter's widows (sic!) laptop as well.

ScottTE
June 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
All,

Thanks.. That what I was looking for..