PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to pass on my change of xorg.conf to a Live CD

chang5562
June 12th, 2009, 07:12 PM
How can I pass on my change of xorg.conf to a Live CD (or Live USB) platform?

I tried to disable the user to use the Ctrl-Alt-F1~12 shortcut keys which access the tty. I configured this on a desktop (or a laptop) and it worked. However, this change would not pass onto a Live CD version. The change,
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "DontVTSwitch" "true"
EndSection

was added to /etc/X11/xorg.xonf; but this was not transferred into Live CD filesystem. The xorg.conf is more local specific configuration. How can I create a Live CD with the same configuration?

cariboo
June 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
You can't add anything to an iso file, but you can create a new iso using something like Remastersys (http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/remastersystool.html).

chang5562
June 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I might mislead u what I intended to to. I knew I could not add to iso file. I was using the remastersys to create the iso. However, whatever I changed to the xorg.conf file would not be included into the iso, therefore, the disable of Ctrl+Atl+F[1~12] was not there in Live CD. It was the same as that of the menu.lst of /boot/grub/.

So I am wondering whether there is another way to keep the Ctrl+Alt+F[1~12] out when using the Live CD.