PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MP3 Player no Longer Reads Tags

DavyDuke17
June 12th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Since I've upgraded to Jaunty my mp3 player (Insignia Sport) no longer reads the tags for any ogg or mp3 file that I upload to it and they are listed as unknown within the mp3 player. Oddly if I take those same audio files on the mp3 player and put them on my windows machine it can read the tags and then if I put the same audio files back on the mp3 player from the windows machine it displays them correctly.

This seems very odd to me, and I don't really know why. All the files that I transferred on the mp3player before still all show the tags, and most of my files are ogg. One difference I can tell is that the MIME type is application/ogg for all the files I put on prior to the upgrading to jaunty and now any files I put on are listed as audio/ogg on the mp3player.

Anyone have any ideas?

andrew.46
June 13th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Hi DavDuke,

Since I've upgraded to Jaunty my mp3 player (Insignia Sport) no longer reads the tags for any ogg or mp3 file that I upload to it

I experienced something similar to this with an iRiver X20 and ogg files. I ran the files past EasyTag which corrected some of the 'illegal' tags and all was well. Might be worth a try in your case, although this will only correct tagging issues?

All the best,

Andrew