PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Adding an Object to a Panel : fail

oxide23
June 11th, 2009, 10:08 PM
HI,
I am running Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 and I am trying to add an object to the panel with any of the following steps, however, none of these methods work, nothing is added to the panel:

To add an object to a panel, perform the following steps:

1. Right-click on a vacant space on a panel to open the panel popup menu.

2.Choose Add to Panel.

The Add to Panel dialog opens.The available panel objects are listed alphabetically, with launchers at the top.

You can type a part of the name or description of an object in the find box. This will narrow the list to those objects that match what you type.

To restore the full list, delete the text in the find box.

3.Either drag an object from the list to a panel, or select an object from the list and click Add to add it at the spot on the panel where you first right-clicked.

You can add also add any item in the Applications menu to the panel: right-click the menu item and choose Add this launcher to panel.

Each launcher corresponds to a .desktop file. You
can drag a .desktop file on to your panels to add the
launcher to the panel.

Is there another setting I need before I can add objects to the panel? thank you

oxide23
June 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
somehow after updating and then rebooting this magically works again.

james.brantley
June 19th, 2009, 06:38 PM
somehow after updating and then rebooting this magically works again.

I sometimes come across issues like that. Before I spend a lot of time on something I will generally reboot just on the off chance it may help. If it is something I feel that may be helped by that action.