PDA

View Full Version : flash player very slow

om26er
June 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
hi. i am using ubuntu netbook remix for 2 days and its working perfect but the single problem is than the flash player is very slow and i cannot watch youtube or megavideo. plz any help me. flash player 10 is installed

Saganite
June 11th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I've been fighting with this same problem. What version are you using, specifically? Going to the adobe site should tell you exactly what version you have installed. Using the install that synaptic uses causes the flash video to be unwatchable. However, installing the x64 version manually has helped a lot but I have to lower the flash quality settings. Without lowering the settings from high it 'plays' but it's jerky and slow to the point of being unwatchable but not anywhere near how bad it was with the packages synaptic installed. If I lower the quality setting to low it smooths out and seems fine and the quality difference in video is not bad...not a fix but a work around, at least for me.

Nobody seems to be able to give a good answer on what the problem is or how to really fix it...just various ways to fiddle with it..some people have success, but quite a few do not.

pauna
June 16th, 2009, 07:58 PM
What video card do you have? Intel cards and Jaunty have some performance problems. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582 for fixes if you have an Intel card.

HarleyJoel
June 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I have Ubuntu on four of my computers, including one that is running UNR and two that are using Nvidia video cards and not one of the flash players work properly. Each one runs the Windows version perfectly. I'm pretty frustrated with the situation as well and hope that a fix is coming soon.